Sunday, May 16, 2010

One good bite from making the cut...

The Kentucky Lake American Fishing Series is over, and as you know, I was in pretty good shape after day1.  I managed to catch another limit on day 2, but was never able to get a big fish, one in the four to five pound range.  I ended the tournament in 27th place, with a two-day total weight of 29-05.  It took 32-02 to make the top ten cut.  If I had it to do over, I don't think I would change anything about the way I fished this tournament, I just never managed to generate that one good bite I needed to boost my total weight high enough to make the cut.  With the three tournament season now over, I ended the year in 15th place in the angler of the year race.  That's not too bad, it qualifies me for the American Fishing Series Invitational this fall on Wheeler Lake in Alabama.  Stay tuned, I'll have pattern and baits information available in a few days.
God Bless,
D

No comments: