Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Illinois HIgh School State Bass Fishing tournament is up and running...

Friday marked the start of the IHSA (Illinois High School Sports Association) state bass fishing tournament.  As many of you know, I help coach the Pinckneyville HIgh School team.  I am happy to report that Pinckneyville sits in 4th place with a five-fish total weight of 14lbs and 15oz.  We are currently 3lbs behind the leaders (I'm sorry to admit in my excitement over our teams success, I forgot the name of the team that is leading).  Take-off for day two is at 7a.m. this morning with the final weigh-in starting at 3 p.m.  Regardless of the outcome, we have had another great year with our team.  We have been fortunate enough to qualify for the state championship every year it has been held.  It would be awesome if we could bring home some hardware...you know, some wood...come on, you know what I mean...a trophy!  I can't wait to see how this one ends.
God Bless,
Duke

No comments: