Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day one...starts tomorrow

Tomorrow starts it all, the start of a season, the start of the third year in fulfilling your lifelong dream of being a professional angler.  It's day one of my junior season, and it looks fairly bleak here at Lake of the Ozarks.  I said when I strarted this deal that I'd turn it over to let the Lord handle it, and I'll tell ya, when the fishiing gets tough I start second guessing what to do, why I'm here, why I passed up job offers, I second guess a lot of things.  I truly believe that it's been an answer to prayer to get to be a professional fisherman, and I take comfort in the passage in the book of Matthew (Matthew 6:25-34) that promises that we'll be taken care of, in the way God chooses. 
So when my boat number is called in the morning, Lord willing I'll be headed down the lake in search of a winning bag of fish, praying for divine intervention, it's all I can do.  Keep my head down, my line wet and do my best to grind out five keepers.  As tough as the fishing is, it really is going to be an exciting start to the new season, and I got to tell ya, I got goosebumps thinking about it.
Check back tomorrow, I'll post the results.
God Bless,
Duke

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're on an exciting trajectory, Duke. No matter the outcome, you, my friend, are IN the arena. Lesser men would have stopped at the dreaming part, but not you; you're on that lake looking for a way to haul that dream aboard your boat. You have my respect and my best wishes.