Monday, July 11, 2011

The river was a little high and a little tough...

The Ol' Mississippi river was a little tough on me.  I only managed three keepers for yet another middle of the pack finish.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not terribly upset with my finish, I can't expect much on only 6 hours practice, I still don't like getting beat though.  Anyway, I managed to catch the few keepers I caught flipping wood cover in the back of some oxbows off of the main river.  I also caught a few fish on a spinnerbait.  On a good note, I'm up to 33rd in the points standings, after missing the first event of the season, so that's a good deal.  I am going to have to kick it up a notch to ensure that I stay in the top 40 and qualify for the regional tournament.  I do have a couple of neat things to share.  Check back as I'll post them when I get the pictures ready.
God bless,
Duke

No comments: