Monday, November 8, 2010

It's getting closer...

With only two and a half weeks until the start of waterfowl season, I still have a few last minute items to take care of.  I'm headed to the local home improvement store to pick up some flat gray paint to touch up my Green Head Gear Full body Mallard decoys.  After two seasons of use, some of the gray on the Mallard drake decoys has taken some abuse, so a little touch up painting is in order.  Other than that, I just picked up a new complete set of Drake waterfowl gear, including waterproof insulated bibs, a windproof fleece jacket (new in the Drake lineup this year), a waterproof quarter zip pull over, fleece cap and neck gaiter.  All items are on the Realtree Max-4 pattern.  I'm pretty stoked about the new gear, I can't wait to use it. 
We atarted pumping water into our field Saturday, it's been so dry in Southern Illinois that we will lose a lot of water to absorption, but we should have enough water to get the job done.  Which is good, as a few ducks have already begun to migrate.  I'll keep you posted on the progress.
God Bless,
Duke

No comments: