Sunday, March 18, 2012

First Derby of the Year...

I finally got to compete in my first tournament of the year.  Thanks to an ill-fated retreive on a duck hunt New Year's eve weekend, I've been sidelined with a pretty severe knee injury. But that is all in the past, I've knocked the dust off of the equipment and fished my first derby.  I spent the last three days on Kentucky Lake, practicing fo and competing in the FLW Outdoors' first BFL tournament of the year for the LBL division.  I'm glad to report all was a success.  I managed a limit that weighed 18lbs-15oz and finished fifth.  It's not a win, but it's a solid finish considering there nearly 170 anglers competing in the event.  Regardless of the finish, I fished all day without the use of any seats in the boat, and my leg held up just fine!  That's what I call a win-win situation.  I'll post pattern and baits information later this week. Thanks for stopping by.
God Bless,
Duke

No comments: