Friday, June 24, 2011

An old fashioned hind-end kickin'...

That sums up my experience at the PAA Tour event on Table Rock lake.  Apparently my timing was off, but truly, my best answer as to why is...I do not know.  Practice was good, I had a solid gameplan, result: Terrible!  I know I was doing the right things, by that I mean fishing a good solid pattern, I believe the area of the lake I stayed in just got over-pressured.  When I called an audible (started running new water), I never connected with a good school of fish.  How do I know I was on the right track, and that it was my timing?  My good friend and sometimes travel partner Chad Morgenthaler made the day three cut doing exactly what I did for the first two days, he just fished a different area of the lake.  Live and learn I guess.  I'm going to have to get a lot smarter in a hurry!
God Bless,
Duke

No comments: