Saturday, October 10, 2009

Halfway home...headed to Conroe

Well, I've finished two of the four tournaments I have this fall. I finished 43rd at Lake of the Ozarks Stren Series Tournament. Not a great finish, but I ended the year in 20th place in the points standings, so it gives me a birth into the Stren Series Championship on Pickwick Lake in November.

I just left Hemphill, TX this morning. I fished the final event of the PAA Tour Tournament Series. This event was held at Toledo Bend. I have to say this lake is definitely an interesting body of water. It has some serious navigation hazards, the lake is full of Standing timber, and gets some big waves on it when the wind blows. I managed to finish 46th in this tournament, despite a lackluster performance on day 2. I finished the year in 10th place in the point standings and wrapped up a trip to the PAA Championship, the Toyota Texas Bass Classic. There will be 60 of the Nations best anglers in this event on Lake Conroe, in Conroe, TX. The total payout for this event is $500,000. With a cool quarter of a million going to the winner. Wow! How cool would that be?

Let's hope that I can shake the 40 something finishes for this one and get back to making top tens. Maybe even a "W". I can't imagine how humbling that would be to win this event.

I'll keep you posted on my practice, til then,
God Bless,
D

No comments: