Saturday, June 13, 2009

Kentucky Lake FLW Tour

Just got home from the FLW Tour event on Kentucky lake. I didn't make the cut on this one...as a matter of fact, I didn't get paid. Mostly due to a stellar one fish catch that weighed a whopping 2.00 lbs on day 1. Can't blame anyone for that, I had a great partner, we just weren't around a bunch of them, or very many, for that matter. Day 2 went a lot better, I had a limit that weighed 13lbs 7 oz. We were definitely around them on Day 2, lots of them. I fished with Michael Bennett on day 2, it's the second time I've been paired with him, and true to form he was good draw. I couldn't have asked for better draws as far as fishing partners go, on either day. But it seems that when I've been paired with Michael, both of us tend to do well. Both Michael and I had experienced a pretty poor start to the tournament, so we just went out and went fishing, and tried to have a little fun. In the mean time we produced 23 keeper bites between us, all with a flipping stick. Now that's having fun!

So much for fun, it's back to the drawing board to get ready for the Detroit River Stren Series event in mid-July.

Til then, keep the slack out your line!
D

No comments: