Monday, February 28, 2011

Home from Percy Priest

I made it home from Percy Priest, fishing was pretty tough, but it was definitely a good event to get the season started.  I fished a small two-man team tournament with good friend and Phoenix Boats sales representative Mike Walker.  The event had around 70 boats, we finished just outside the money.  That's ok, my goal before I left home was to fish an event, get a little more jerkbait fishing under my belt and also a little more physical conditioning.  Mission accompliahed.  My first pro-am event of the season starts next week, so getting a tournament under my belt prior to that event was a good thing.  It helps to get your mind working like you want it to, thinking about the fish, trying to establish a pattern and so on.   Just competing in a tournament will help you get prepared for the tournament season.  Like I said, we missed cutting a check by a small margin, but it was a good day on the water.  The Lake of the Ozarks Everstart event is next week, Lord willing I'm leaving on Friday to start practice.  So check back often for updates.
God  Bless,
Duke

No comments: