Monday, March 17, 2008

Kentucky Lake BFL March 15th

Wow, the guy's at Kentucky Lake just keep catching them. This lake undoubtedly is one of the best lake's in the country when it comes to pre-spawn bass fishing. I recently competed in the first Walmart BFL tournament of the season at Kentucky Lake and was fortunate enough to finish in 7th place, with a total weight of 18lbs and 13oz. Tommy Williams won the event with 23lbs and 10 oz. Despite the good weight, I had a pretty tough time getting bit until late in the afternoon. I was able to boat 6 of the nine keepers I caught in the last hour and a half. I caught the majority of my fish on a rattle trap, which I fished on 12lb Maxima monofilament line, Gloomis Crankbait Rod Model # CBR844 and a Shimano Chronarch reel 6.2:1 retreive ratio. The fish are really setting up to move shallow, the water just needs to warm up about 6-8 degrees and these fish will be going gangbusters in the shallows. It seems that a lot of the better fish are still set-up on main lake areas and secondary points, with a little hunting, it doesn't take long to find them. Well, that's all for now, good luck and good fishin'...
Duke

No comments: