Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Less than a week away

I just returned from a pre-practice trip to Table Rock Lake near Branson, MO.  This will be the site of our final PAA Tour event.  Based on what I saw during my pre-practice, this will be a tough event.  I need to have a pretty decent finish if I am going to move up above the cut line for the Texas Toyota Bass Classic, Lord willing I'll accomplish that.  Table Rock is a couple of feet high, after reaching nearly five feet high a few weeks ago, the Army Corps of engineers has lowered to the lake level to approximately two feet above normal pool.  Which should make for some good shallow water fishing, provided they don't lower the water level any further.  Of course this is all speculation, I didn't spend any time up shallow, due to the fact at any minute they could begin letting water out of the lake and that would have erased anything i might have found, but I believe in a half-day or for sure in a full day, I can find out if the shallow bite is working.  Like I said, Lord willing I'll figure em out and have a decent tournament. 
God Bless,
Duke

No comments: